Why Work with IMT?
IMT’s employees are the foundation of the company, and we are committed to a culture of personal and professional growth. We like being small and we enjoy watching our people succeed. We empower our team by providing ongoing training, access to the best tools, and mentoring by senior staff. We encourage ongoing communication and foster a collaborative team environment where best practices are shared. Our team members participate in a wide variety of projects and assignments that allow them to think creatively, develop new skills and travel across North America to support our clients.
Our culture embraces social responsibility and a belief in giving back to the community. We believe in supporting charitable organizations, especially those that our employees are directly involved in.
We offer competitive compensation, an annual bonus structure based on individual and corporate performance, a comprehensive benefits package, career growth opportunities, and a workplace that values your quality of life.
At IMT we strive to be just one thing, Identity Solutions Experts. With that core principle in mind, IMT is always exploring and implementing new technologies that will benefit our clients or assist us with servicing and supporting our clients. The result is a mix of dynamic and challenging work environment and a healthy dose of steady predictable tasks. That position provides opportunities to learn and grow professionally and requires diligent focus.
Reporting to the Manager of Cloud and Managed Services, the Support Analyst is part of a team responsible for supporting IMT’s internal and external clients. The Support Analyst’s primary responsibility is to maintain clients’ environments, liaison between IMT and clients’ Subject Matter Experts, and work with Managed Services team members on service requests and critical issues. The Managed Services team is dedicated to Support and is internally supported by IMT Professional Services.
Who we need:
We need a person who knows how to interact with people and technology. You need to know how to find out what is broken, use knowledge databases to learn how to fix the problem, or be able to clearly explain what is broken and seek Subject Matter Expert support.
You will need to be able to clearly communicate with and between the Client and IMT Subject Matter Experts.
You will constantly learn and improve both your skills and IMT support processes and offerings.
You will understand and learn new Managed Services methodologies, and implementation of those in practice.
You will work with the Managed Services team, dispatch work, prioritize work and decide how to approach problems.
- Deliver quality work products using IMT processes and methodologies.
- Work effectively in a team understanding your role and participate positively.
- Possess and gain good interpersonal skills & documentation skills.
- Identify issues on work assigned and manage work to schedule and budget.
- Handle support calls, react to incidents, making sure all is handled within SLA resolution time, supported by a knowledge database.
- Trouble-shoot issues, collect diagnostics, and analyze logs to fix problems or to describe issues to Subject Matter Experts.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Communicate to and with the Client, IMT SME, your team, your manager. Communication may include presenting the monthly reports to the Client.
- Constantly learn. Improve yourself and the clients’ environments.
- Support IMT internal infrastructure and processes.
- Maintain system monitoring, and improve system performance and availability
- Perform periodic audits of systems health, identify problems before they happen, analyze trends.
- Prepare monthly support reports.
- Exercise documentation provided by SME, improve it, request improvements from them.
- Develop and deliver IMT product support that includes patch rollout, testing and client release
- Prioritize and manage competing demands, deadlines and interruptions while maintaining attention to
- Maintain hardware and software inventory, including licenses and versions of deployed software.
- Understand and meet client needs and expectations.
- Demonstrate client relationship skills and participate in supervised meetings with clients.
SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Prepare contributions under supervision as requested.
LEADERSHIP & MENTORING
- Engage with mentor and define personal goals & objectives
PROFESSIONAL AND PRACTICE DEVELOPMENT
- Develop a working knowledge of clients use cases and business requirements
- Take training as requested and required
Skills and Experience
- Windows workstations management
- Linux familiarity.
- Networking troubleshooting (TCP/IP, VPN, loadbalancers, routers, firewalling etc.)
- MS Office stack (MS365, Outlook, SharePoint administration)
- Database use experience (SQL querying, MSSQL/Oracle/MySQL/DB2 management)
- Familiarity of web based systems administration and maintenance.
- Jira/confluence/Bloomfire knowledge bases.
- OpenVPN configuration and management
- Bash scripting
- Familiarity with integration, including HL7/XML/SOAP/REST API standards
- Virtualization solutions (ESXi/KVM/Hyper-v/AWS/Azure etc.)
- Software development language experience.
- AWS familiarity or Certificates.
- Experience with any monitoring software is strong plus (Zabbix, AWS CloudWatch, Grafana, ELK Stack, Nagios etc.)
Formal Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related discipline and 2-3 years work experience in a similar
- Security and Reliability: The ability to acquire Government of Canada Enhanced Security Clearance (minimum), Secret Security Clearance preferred.
- Optional: ITIL Foundations Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), VMWare Certified Professional (VCP), AWS Certificates considered an
- Primary work environment is office working conditions and regular business hours (8am-4pm). However, some clients are supported 24/7 or 7am-7pm so some after-hours and weekend support work will be required and
- Part time work from home is allowed, pending COVID resolution
- Occasional overtime may be
- Winnipeg office presence is required occasionally/periodically.
Please reply if interested with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada