Position Description: PS Technical Analyst/Developer
The professional services Technical Analyst/Developer, under the direction of an IMT Delivery Lead, participates in the configuration, deployment and supporting Master Data Management implementations for IMT clients. In addition, the Technical Analyst/Developer will assist in the design, development, testing, implementation and support of custom solutions as per client requirements. In that role, the Technical Analyst/Developer participates on projects, creating solutions according to the immediate and strategic requirements of IMT and customers. Send your resume to: email@example.com
The Technical Analyst/Developer will:
- Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables. Success in IMT is measured by the ability to have a client agree to be a reference and to be willing and eager to take on future projects with IMT,
- Help implement IMT certified solutions at client locations (remote & on-site),
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge, strong facilitation skills, and deep understanding of the process and methodology for software development projects,
- Ensure clear, proactive communication with client & IMT team members to ensure all tasks and projects are delivered on time and within budget,
- Posses strong organizational skills with attention to detail,
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work while achieving results with minimal oversight,
- Adhere IMT’s implementation processes and procedures, while contributing to ongoing process improvement efforts including application & utility customizations,
- Maintain a minimum billable ratio to be determined annually.
- Implement, configure and deploy IMT approved Master Data Management solutions,
- Design, develop, test and deploy custom technical solutions individually or in a team environment,
- Participate in gathering and documenting project functional requirements, while producing documentation that is clear, concise and grammatically correct according to IMT standards,
- Work on multiple projects, which will require prioritizing and managing competing demands and deadlines,
- Maintain all software code in an IMT approved version control system,
- Participate in IMT L1 support rotation,
- Support IMT developed custom solutions, including developing patches and hot-fixes,
- Work individually, with other professional services resources or product development teams to determine version specific functionality, release plans and other upgrades and updates as required for specific IMT software solutions,
- Research and test new software development tools, techniques and technologies as appropriate, required and directed.
Qualifications & Position Requirements
Computer Science Undergraduate degree (or equivalent),
Comfortable working in Visual Studio and Eclipse,
Experience with relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, Postgres),
Strong knowledge of Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems,
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with technical & non-technical members of IMT and client organizations,
Demonstrated learning dedication for continuing education, specifically with new technologies,
Effective written and verbal communication skills,
Positive attitude with the ability to work with multiple business stakeholders and technical teams to accomplish complex tasks,
Ability to travel/work occasionally on-site at customer.
Nice to Have
Knowledge of web application development using full stack technologies.
Knowledge of enterprise integration technologies, such as Apache Camel,
Demonstrated skills with reporting tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or IBM Cognos
Previous experience with cloud hosting platforms, including IBM Cloud, AWS (Amazon), Microsoft Azure
Previous experience with containerization technologies, including Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes.
Ensuring success at IMT, the following competencies are key:
- Self-motivation with a proven track record in the software implementation, customizations and development of software solutions,
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands / deadlines,
- A high level of critical and logical thinking, and analysis, to identify principles, reasons, or facts,
- Honesty and professionalism in all interactions, while managing challenging situations diplomatically,
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-departmental resources to facilitate knowledge transfer and feedback,
- Strong and demonstrable software development skills using a variety of techniques and methodologies, including the ability to use and learn a variety of software languages under pressure,
- Effective communication (written & verbal) skills, with the willingness to present solutions to both IMT and client resources.
This position is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba at IMT headquarters. While initially due to the current pandemic this position could start as a remote position, once safe to do so, will be required to be in the office on a full time basis. Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org