The Support Analyst, under the direction of the Support Lead, is part of a team responsible for supporting both internal and external clients. A Support Analyst is responsible for handling all stages of customer support from initial call handling and problem resolution to issue closure and follow-up. This includes developing, testing, and documenting technical solutions and workarounds to various IT problems, communicating with customer IT staff in user-friendly language, as well as following appropriate problem and change management procedures.
This individual will maintain and monitor operational processes for standard daily operations and deploy, maintain, and support the hardware and software used in supported environments. The Support Analyst responds to customer inquiries, troubleshoots server operational issues and provides successful resolution to customer issues.
Additional duties as assigned. These may include development/programming projects, researching, trialing and implementing new technologies, and document creation and maintenance.
The Support Analyst will:
- Ensure the successful completion of all received support calls, tasks and issues by meeting response time and resolution time SLA’s.
- Contribute to the overall success of the customer relationship which is measured by the ability to have a client agree to be a reference and to be willing and eager to take on future projects with IMT.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge, experience in the industry, strong troubleshooting skills, and deep understanding of the process and methodology for the project.
- Manage their work week to include on-call and after-hours support.
- Carry pager for on-call support (On-call group size varies based on call volumes).
- Provide initial problem investigation, information gathering, troubleshooting and analysis.
- Provide timely communication and status information on all issues to all parties.
- Produce documentation that is clear, concise and grammatically correct.
- Perform day-to-day proactive operational support for IMT and customer environments to ensure high levels of application availability, appropriate response, data protection, and other industry standard actions.
- Design, develop and deploy technical solutions individually or in a team environment.
- Communicate with manager and team members on a regular basis regarding on-call support effort and time available for project work.
- Able to prioritize and manage competing demands, deadlines and interruptions while maintaining attention to details.
- Identify training requirements and maintain up-to-date knowledge of latest technologies.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and / or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Interaction with other employees and management, including providing technical advice and guidance.
- Earn the trust and respect of others through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Diplomatically handle challenging situations.
- Escalate or ask for assistance from senior analysts or subject matter experts if required for completing problem resolution or task completion.
- Able to travel occasionally ( less than 10% ).
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a college diploma in a related discipline and 2-3 years of equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Reasonable depth of exposure/understanding of Incident Management processes, best practices and help desk management software tools.
- Security and Reliability: The ability to acquire Government of Canada Enhanced Security Clearance (minimum) Secret Security Clearance preferred.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress and respond with sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members within the organization.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
- Driven and proactive with continuous learning mindset.
- Preferred: Experience in Network Administration and Security considered an asset.
- Optional: Experience in implementing and/ or supporting enterprise applications.
- Optional: ITIL Foundations Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) considered assets.
- Optional: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Linux Foundation Certification, AWS Operations Certification considered an asset.
- Primary work environment is normal office working conditions and regular hours. Occasional after-hours and weekend support work is required.
- Participation in the client facing after hours on-call support rotation.
- Manual dexterity required to lift, install, configure, inspect and use desktop computers, servers and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
We Appreciate The Interest Shown By All Applicants, However Only Those Being Considered For An Interview Will Be Contacted.
Please send us your resume to: HR@infomagnetics.com
A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POSITION IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. SPECIFIC COMPENSATION PLAN STRUCTURE WILL BE DISCUSSED WITH INTERVIEW CANDIDATES.