FOUNDATION FOR INTEROPERABILITY AND ENGAGEMENT
This large East Coast academic institution comprises several campuses across a major metropolitan area spanning three states and serving nearly 1.5 million outpatients and 50,000 inpatients annually. The organization had more than 10 registration systems, each with unique patient identifiers and provider directories across locations, and recognized a need to transcend the EHR silos and create a foundation for patient engagement and population health initiatives.
After selecting a single enterprise EHR, this institution recognized the critical need for an EMPI to maintain superior data quality, integrate with external data and enhance patient engagement. They deployed IMT Master:ID to ensure they have a future ready platform that drives better clinical outcomes.
EMPI BENEFITS WITH A SINGLE EHR APPROACH
SUPERIOR DATA QUALITY – The enterprise now reports an average duplicate rate of just 1.83%, with some EHRs as low as 0.04%.
ENHANCES ENTERPRISE EHRS – The EHR benefits from better data quality and integrity by using machine learning for data stewardship and intelligent record matching.
IMPROVED CLINICIAN WORKFLOW – Clinicians see a complete view of all patient encounters under a single enterprise record, regardless of location.
INCREASES PATIENT RETENTION – Patients receive more collaborative care improving their entire experience, and providing benefits to seek in-network care.
A FUTURE BUILT ON TRUSTED DATA
This healthcare organization recognizes the benefits of a foundational EMPI as they transition to a single EHR approach. The EMPI seamlessly integrates people, processes, and technologies, and creates a backbone for future mergers and acquisitions, regional partnerships, consumer portals, and more. Today, the institution manages more than 9 million records for 5.7 million unique patients and maintains an average duplicate rate of just 1.83%., with some EHRs as low as 0.04%, beating most industry benchmarks.
How Master:ID works:
- Creates an enterprise view of patients to streamline the EHR’s initial load of current and historical data
- Administers the enterprise ID to serve as the foundation for the single-platform EHR interoperability and engagement
- Autolinks legacy records through a precise matching algorithm with optimized thresholds, eliminating manual handling for a secure and complete result
- Single EHR contains comprehensive patient data without data loss or record mismatch resulting from system conversion
- Standardized data stewardship processes eliminate future duplicates from propagating in the EHR and stewards review only exceptions for efficiency and confidence
- Organization can truly activate the data to improve care across the healthcare spectrum with confidence in EHR’s patient records
ADVANCE RESEARCH INITIATIVES – The institution can better identify patients for clinical trials and aggregate data for population-based research initiatives.
LINK EXTERNAL DATA – Using next generation tools such as IBM Entity Insight, the institution can leverage social determinant data to better serve the patient community.
FUTURE-READY PLATFORM – The institution plans to enhance its digital front door while integrating machine learning and other technologies such as patient wearables.
Transforming healthcare starts with a delivery system based on caring, regardless of location. The Master ID platform offers a single trusted view of each patient to enable collaborative care that improves outcomes, no matter where a patient is seen.